Would you prefer watching or reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘Spearmint Benefits with Jenny McGruther’ video and transcript.
Spearmint (Mentha spicata) has gifts for helping women to balance hormones naturally, a multitude of culinary uses, and the advantage of being a familiar and easily accessible herb.
Join me as I discuss spearmint with nutritional therapist, herbalist and brilliant cookbook author Jenny McGruther. You’ll also receive Jenny’s fabulous recipe for Honeyed Oranges with Cardamom, Coriander, and Mint.
Listen in for:
► The role elders can play in introducing the younger generation to herbs
► The advantages of common herbs
► The power of small, incremental steps
► The ingredient many people are missing in their meals
It was a real pleasure to spend time with Jenny and I’m excited to share our conversation with you!
It’s easy to constantly look for whatever the newest superfood is [but] so many beneficial things are right in your own backyard or your garden, and spearmint is a really fun one.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- [00:37] Introduction
- [02:50] How an elderly neighbor, a gourmet cooking club, an illness and a farmer’s market got Jenny started working with herbs
- [08:27] Why Jenny loves spearmint (Mentha spicata)
- [10:21] Why spearmint is part of Jenny’s strategy for managing and healing polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- [11:31] Culinary uses for spearmint
- [14:01] How to grow spearmint in a pot
- [15:09] Jenny’s recipe for Honeyed Oranges with Cardamom, Coriander, and Mint
- [17:28] Jenny shares simple ideas for cooking with herbs and spices
- [19:00] How small steps can transform your relationship with food
- [20:22] The ingredient many people are missing in their meals
- [23:16] Jenny talks about reviving lost culinary and herbal wisdom and recipes
- [25:42] How herbs surprised Jenny while she was testing recipes for Vibrant Botanicals
Download Your Recipe Card
Connect With Jenny:
Connect with Us
Are Your Ready for More Herbal Inspiration?
The best way to get started is by joining my herbal community and weekly newsletter where I share my best herbal tips and insights.
When you join you’ll also get access to The Herbal Jumpstart Course which helps you figure out the best herbs for you.
Sign up below!